Ellen Schlosser, MBA, SPHR, SHRM-CSP
• Developed job descriptions and a job family structure for a local non-profit manufacturing organization
• Performed FLSA overtime-eligibility for a church and its pre-school
• Developed job descriptions, base pay structure, and compensation policies for 250-employee company
• Provided on-site data analysis, Payroll/HRIS system configuration, and other assistance for a multi-state company during its acquisition of a 900-employee organization.
• Led international teams who designed key human resources processes, developed human resources strategies, and created and implemented project and department budgets and business plans.
• Developed, implemented, and administered employee compensation and benefits plans, including those associated with mergers, acquisitions, downsizings, and plant closing.
Experience and Expertise
Ellen is a human resource professional with experience in compensation and benefits management, strategic planning, human resources management, and human resource technology implementation and management. Her work history includes positions in both finance and accounting as well as in human resources. She has worked with Volvo Group North America, Burlington Industries, and North Carolina Baptist Hospital. She has held positions that include plant cost analyst, financial analyst, controller, director of compensation and benefits, and executive director of human resources strategy.
Education, Certifications and Special Training
Ellen holds a bachelor's degree in business administration as well as an MBA with concentrations in finance and marketing from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro.
She also has earned the Senior Professional Human Resources (SPHR) certification from the HR Certification Institute and the Certified Senior Professional designation (SHRM-CSP) from the Society for Human Resources Management.